The Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NationStates Region: The Library

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to issues with this forum and dislike of this forum, we've moved! Please join us at:http://library.taijitu.org/! Smile Thanks so much! -The Admin Team

The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]

Go down 
+3
carracalla
Oliver
Earth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Earth

Earth

The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] Empty
PostSubject: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:57 pm

So, I just got it from the library..and if I didn't have homework, I wouldn't put it down.

I was just curious who has read it? (and respectfully ask no spoilers in this thread. Razz make a spoiler thread if you want [with a warning!].

It's really good so far but I'm not into it.

Are the books better than the show?
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Admin
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 11:39 pm

I have read it. The show's quite a faithful adaptation, but I would generally say the books are better, if only because one's own imagination tends to trump television. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://nsthelibrary.canadian-forum.com
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 1:16 am

I have read the five books available several times now, I have to say I like A clash of Kings and A storm of Swords to be the best books so far. Don't want to see the movie since it would screw with the world I created in my head.

My favorite section in the whole story is the part at the Wall.
Back to top Go down
ACKJVR

ACKJVR

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:13 am

Would you recommend it? I could always use a good book to add to my list.

Another show with a successful adaptation is Pillars of the Earth.
Back to top Go down
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 10:42 am

Yes I can definitely recommend it, although book 4-5 were weaker than the earlier installments I still enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
Hyanygo

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 pm

The series just wins hardcore.

Tyrion, oh how I love thee. I'm currently reading "A Dance with Dragons".
Back to top Go down
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:11 am

Tyrion is indeed one of the most interesting characters..Laughing I have finished Dance with Dragons weeks ago. I had a standing order with Amazon so as soon as it was published it was send to me and two days later I was finished with it. Now I can only hope I don't have to wait another five years for the next installment... Sad
Back to top Go down
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 3:28 pm

..if you don't see me the next few days, I blame this series. Holy moly, this is ambrosia in book-form.
Back to top Go down
Tyranna

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 pm

It's been on my to-read list for about a year (still have to finish the Farseer Trilogy first. Approaching the finale). The series are easily my favourite pieces of television ever.
Back to top Go down
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyWed Oct 19, 2011 8:10 pm

I'm into the second one now, and have the third one on hold from two different libraries already. MUAHAHAH.
Back to top Go down
Biyah

Biyah

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 1:19 pm

Tyrion is my hero.

The series is pretty good, but the books trump all. There are a few parts of the series that are glorified sex, standard of an HBO adaptation... that were unnecessary.

~B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]   The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Game of Thrones [Spoiler-Free Zone!]
Page 1 of 1