The Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NationStates Region: The Library

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to issues with this forum and dislike of this forum, we've moved! Please join us at:http://library.taijitu.org/! Smile Thanks so much! -The Admin Team

A song that always either makes me wanna

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
carracalla

carracalla

A song that always either makes me wanna  Empty
PostSubject: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm

start smoking cigarettes again, enjoy another bottle of Beluga wodka and hide in a hot bath.

I saw this band in paradiso, Amsterdam back in 2003. Paradiso is the most famous concert hall in the Netherlands and was previously a church. A friend of mine convinced me to come along and this was one of those 'goosebump' concerts. They were impressive.

I think earthie you might like this!

Back to top Go down
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:04 pm

It's..interesting. Not 100% my taste, but quite nice. Smile
Back to top Go down
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:45 am

Earth wrote:
It's..interesting. Not 100% my taste, but quite nice. Smile

It's interesting is an English phrase I have learned to decipher as meaning ' Man that was crap' ..Laughing
Back to top Go down
Henry Von Hoffman

Henry Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:19 pm

I use the term interesting, drawn out, when I'm not sure what to say but don't want to hurt someones feelings just because I don't understand the form of art or whatever that they're presenting. Or if I'm not actually interested in it.
Back to top Go down
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 1:29 pm

As a non-native speaker I was always taught that the English usage of the term interesting is often misleading. If during negotiations your counterpart will respond to a proposal with the phrase 'interesting'...9 out of 10 he means no fucking way this will ever happen..Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Razz No, I actually do like it. Just wasn't in the mood really yesterday when I listened to it.
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Admin
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:18 pm

carracalla wrote:
As a non-native speaker I was always taught that the English usage of the term interesting is often misleading. If during negotiations your counterpart will respond to a proposal with the phrase 'interesting'...9 out of 10 he means no fucking way this will ever happen..Laughing

That's a very business-world interpretation (and in the business world that's very correct). In the art world, sometimes things require some getting used to. There are a couple albums I used to really dislike, but upon repeated listening, I grew to appreciate them in an unexpected way. So "interesting" might just mean "I don't know what to think yet".
Back to top Go down
https://nsthelibrary.canadian-forum.com
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:31 am

Earth wrote:
Razz No, I actually do like it. Just wasn't in the mood really yesterday when I listened to it.

Sometimes songs needs to grown on you. I saw these guys performing three times, but every time I hear them play this song live I get goosebumps all over my body.

@Oliver: Since I use my English primarily in a business context I hope you will forgive me if I use a rather strict business world interpretation... tongue
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Admin
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:05 am

carracalla wrote:
@Oliver: Since I use my English primarily in a business context I hope you will forgive me if I use a rather strict business world interpretation... tongue

As a native english speaker with an enjoyment of language I hope will forgive me if I occasionally correct your interpretation when the strict business world interpretation is off. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://nsthelibrary.canadian-forum.com
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:18 am

Oliver wrote:
carracalla wrote:

As a native english speaker with an enjoyment of language I hope will forgive me if I occasionally correct your interpretation when the strict business world interpretation is off. Razz

What you are telling me I am off??? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A song that always either makes me wanna    A song that always either makes me wanna  Empty

Back to top Go down

A song that always either makes me wanna
Page 1 of 1