The Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NationStates Region: The Library

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to issues with this forum and dislike of this forum, we've moved! Please join us at:http://library.taijitu.org/! Smile Thanks so much! -The Admin Team

The man behind the Henry

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Henry Von Hoffman

Henry Von Hoffman

The man behind the Henry Empty
PostSubject: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm not sure any more what people think of me in NS. Europeia has twisted me up inside and out and spit me out quite a few times; confused me and fucked with my head. I don't believe myself to be as insane or delusional as some people would have me believe there. Stupid shit, though. If possible, I'd like a fresh start in a fresh place to show people what I'm really about. I like to try to keep things as peaceful as possible around myself at all times; I strive to do things for the good of the community I'm involved in and I'm extremely blunt when it comes to calling people out on shit I see them doing.

I have lived life and that's all I'm going to say on the matter because most of my life is behind me and it's time to move on. The past is unimportant. If anyone wants to know, they can ask me and I will tell them, but other than that...

I'm 25 years old, live with my Grandparents and spend most of the day, every day, at a friends house, which is usually peaceful and relaxing. As of the moment, I'm working on fixing up a Van I just bought so I can get back to work, so I won't have much time to devote to games. Most likely, I'll be around early in the mornings and late at nights, but my priority focus is and will continue to be real life and everything that comes with.

I just want to get away from all of the negativity and bad vibes that I've been around, both in real life and NS and I guess that's lead me here for the moment. Hopefully I'm welcome to be here?
Back to top Go down
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Well I can only speak for myself Henry but as far as I am concerned you are welcome here.

We may not always have seen eye to eye in Europeia but that doesn't mean I think you are a bad person. You are not insane nor delusion, nor you are always right however that applies to all of us.

Enjoy the library, get engaged in our discussions on books, music etc and bring your unique self to this place.

Again welcome!

Back to top Go down
Oliver
Admin
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 4:20 pm

Welcome! Hopefully you'll find us a little less drama-heavy than Europeia, but who knows, maybe you won't. I've never been your biggest fan, but I won't turn you away.
Back to top Go down
https://nsthelibrary.canadian-forum.com
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:03 pm

Hey Henry. Smile Nice to see you're here, monsieur.

We've been pretty drama-free, besides for stuff started elsewhere. Smile I hope to keep us in the more positive, more chill side of the game. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Henry Von Hoffman

Henry Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Drama free is about what I need right now. The past couple months of real life have been pretty off-the-wall in terms of drama and stress. My best friend went to California to bring his parents up to Washington because their caregiver down there was trying to put them in a retirement home and thought it would be better to get them up here where they could all help each other out. His step-father molested/raped him in his youth and he didn't want to bring him up here but his love for his mother made him cool his jets and do so. During the time he was gone, I wound up watching his house and property and I had to deal with a bunch of tweakers that were staying at the back house on his property while he was gone. It made me uncomfortable to be around them and I was continually paranoid of what they were doing, because I know what tweakers are like in this neighborhood. They steal shit; lie; etc.

My friend also hasn't had power in his house for about half a year or longer, until now, so I had to find ways to keep his generator running so his food wouldn't spoil along with dealing with the tweakers who would push their way inside the front house on a daily basis. I'm sure that a couple things turned up missing during that time just because I couldn't keep eyes on everything and everyone. This lasted longer than it should have because my friend ran into problems in Cali that were unforeseen and delayed his return. When he did return, some shit had turned up missing and he did run the tweakers out of the back house, but now his parents were here.

The step-dad was an asshole right off the bat, but I figured it was just him getting settled and used to a new environment and being around people and let it go. I started helping them out with their meds and stuff because they needed help and it just seemed the natural thing to do. After a while of helping out, they decided to hire me on and pay me, since I was helping out a lot. So, I became a caregiver and planned to only charge them about 300-400 dollars a month, which isn't that much, but would work with what they had to pay while allowing them to save up to pay off needed bills on the property. Their Caregiver in Cali was getting paid $800 a month.

The old man, though, continued being a dick and an asshole over the space of a month and a half. I tried my best to conform to his eating schedule of 10, 2 and 6 and tried my best to get him to his appointments and everything else but he wanted to undermine me every chance he got. He had hired me on to be his caregiver but didn't trust me to do things for him, so he would fuck things up trying to do them by himself. I don't think there's been a single enjoyable day in the past couple months thanks to the negativity of the old man. Makes mountains out of molehills, disrespects everyone and acts like it's his house he's staying in and that he's king.

The really biting part of it for me is that his wife is the sweetest old lady I have ever met and he takes a lot of shit out on her that isn't justified or right and she just sits there and takes it because nobody can convince her that she doesn't have to put up with it.

The other day I got fired from my job as caregiver because I couldn't take the abuse anymore. the day before that, I had made him breakfast without incident, but I ran into a problem of thinking up something to make for lunch because nobody had gotten food stamps yet or been able to get to a food bank. I wasn't able to come up with an idea until around 3 and he let me know clearly that it was supposed to have been at 2, as if I had forgotten. I told him nicely that I was trying to come up with an idea for something to eat and that it took time because there weren't a lot of things to pick and choose from and I had to figure out some way for them to be grouped together into a proper meal and he seemed to understand but then went outside and talked to this one tweaker girl that was there that day about how I didn't care if his schedule was met and that I had to do everything on my time and when I got around to it.

That morning, I had made my first attempt at cooking gumbo and I knew enough to let it cook all day but I didn't boil the beans long enough beforehand so by the time dinner came around at 6, it was nowhere near ready. He came up to and asked if dinner was ready and I said no. No, he repeated, in a question. I said, the beans aren't done yet, they're way too hard. He then stomps out and begins bitching to his wife about how I don't give a fuck about feeding them, etc., etc. I got pissed off at that, served up two bowls of the gumbo and gave them their meal. I also told him to shut the fuck up and stop taking his shit out on his wife and to knock his attitude off because I was trying my best. I told him that the next day, he could prepare his own meals if he wasn't satisfied with how I was doing it. I also made them something else to eat after I made sure they realized the Gumbo was not ready.

The next day, I had slept on it and had changed my mind about fixing his own meals and would have made him some oatmeal, but he had to go and throw away my friends ashtray, because he doesn't like the smell and he's tired of people smoking in the house. In his defense, he is on oxygen. My friends GF/Wife just doesn't care, because she's not about to respect some child molester, but she had been going outside more to smoke and other people were going outside to smoke; it was just taking time to get used to. The old man never gave them time to get used to him being there; he just went right in with bitching about them going outside to smoke. Everyone complied at first until the old man kept disrespecting people and they started disrespecting him back by smoking inside.

Of course, that doesn't give him the right to throw away my friends ashtray, especially considering the fact that my friend doesn't even smoke cigarettes, but keeps the ashtrays around for those who do. It wasn't the old mans place to do so. My friend had to get out of there because he would have wound up hurting him and because his GF/Wife was in the hospital after some knee surgery. After he left, the old guy asked if I was going to make him some oatmeal and I said 'no'. He then said, 'well, you just said you were going to.', to which I replied, 'I also said yesterday I wasn't going to make your meals for you today and I had changed my mind on that until you chose to pull your shit this morning.'

That lead to a loud argument in which he fired me and I then told him exactly what I thought of him and why he should keep his mouth shut and show some respect to people. He told me to leave, I told him he didn't have the authority to tell me to leave. I spent the rest of the day avoiding him in other parts of the house.

The next day, my friend went to the hospital again and the old man went to church, which I thought would mellow him out some, but he came back and started immediately being vile to his wife for no other reason than because he felt like it. She told him off a little and he stormed off in his motorized wheelchair. Of course, being the caring person she is, she ran after him as fast as her half-paralyzed body can go. I talked with her a little bit and she said she was having pains in her chest and felt like she was going to start having a heart attack. I get her calmed down and watching TV again and the old guy comes back and starts in on on her again.

I heard it from another room and I had just found out that morning that my Grandma was in the hospital for a heart attack so I went in and told him to knock his shit off. He got flippant and started yelling back and I lost control for a brief second to send a little foldable wood table flying across the room with a quick flick of my wrist. Nothing more than that and then I tried to remove myself from the situation before I lost more control and hit the old fuck. He stood up with his little oxygen tank in hand and swung it as hard as he could at my head. He missed and then started swinging with his fists. I did my best not to fight back but in the end, I had to shove him to the ground at which point he started yelling for someone to call 911 and that I was abusing him.

His wife gets on the phone with 911 and paramedics and tries telling them what's going on, but she's flustered and I'm sure that they can't understand much of what she's saying because I wouldn't have been able to if I didn't know what was going on already, so I said 'hey, let me talk to them and tell them what's going on'. So, she hands me the phone and the old fuck immediately starts yelling 'No, don't give him the phone! He lies! He'll lie!'

I walked into the other room to get some quiet while I talked on the phone and told the paramedics what happened and told them that he looked alright appearance-wise, but would still feel more comfortable having someone come out to check him out, because I felt like shit for having to shove him to the ground. I never wanted to hurt him or physically assault him, yet he forced me to do so. Luckily I had witnesses there that were able to confirm what happened because it tripped me out and by the end of the night I still couldn't really believe it had happened.

My friend gave the old man until the end of the month to find a different place to live and the real downside of it is that his mother will be leaving with him. We've all told her that she's more than willing to stay; that nobody has a problem with her and that she didn't need to go with him or deserve that amount of abuse at this stage of her life. The other day she told me she was afraid of her husband. Afraid that he was going to hurt her. I can't stand to look at him, now. My blood boils every time. I think the most anyone can ask for at the moment is that I ignore his ass. He tried talking to me normally the day right after he attacked me. Didn't apologize or anything, just started telling me a story like nothing had ever happened.

Luckily, I put up with the bullshit long enough to make money that I just spent on a 1990 Astro Safari. I was buying it originally to help the old people out because it was a van and my friend had a rear attaching wheelchair lift that would have allowed us to take them to their appointments easier, but now I think I'm going to use it as a work Van in another sense by going to temp agencies until I find a permanent job that will pay me more with less BS. I don't really think of it as being fired at this point; instead I think of it as having been set free. My friends GF/Wife is out of the hospital now from her surgery but it's still not the same. He feels chased out of most of his house by the old mans attitude of taking over and disrespecting people.

Oh yeah, about a week after they had gotten back from Cali, about 4-5 wannabe hardasses walked up into my friends house while the door was open and tried to rob him. The irony is that he had nothing to rob. However they attacked him right off the bat before even finding that out and they all ran like little bitches the moment he started fighting back with his flashlight. He still got sliced across the ear with his own knife that one of the punks had grabbed up and broke his wrist trying to wrestle a dolly out of the hands of the last person to leave who was trying to attack him with it. No, not a dolly that little girls play with. Cops still haven't done anything about it even though we gave them names, addresses and allowed them to take fingerprints from the Dolly.
Back to top Go down
Henry Von Hoffman

Henry Von Hoffman

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:08 pm

I've got to ask: am I really welcome here? I know that you guys said I was, but I get the feeling that I put people on edge by being here and I don't want to be here if it will cause things to go south for you all. I don't want you to be polite or nice or whatever you feel you need to be. Just tell me straight up and I won't have any hurt feelings about it; I'll just go find another place in NS to go to.
Back to top Go down
Oliver
Admin
Oliver

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:29 pm

I don't have any real problems with you being around.. I think things are just a bit quiet.
Back to top Go down
https://nsthelibrary.canadian-forum.com
Griff

Griff

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 pm

Oliver wrote:
I don't have any real problems with you being around.. I think things are just a bit quiet.
*nod* things are still getting up to speed here and we've all had our share of being busy lately.

*belatedly welcomes Henry*
Back to top Go down
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:35 pm

Aye. You're completely welcome here, Henry. Smile Don't worry about a thing. ^.^
Back to top Go down
carracalla

carracalla

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 12:51 pm

Indeed no need to worry Henry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The man behind the Henry   The man behind the Henry Empty

Back to top Go down

The man behind the Henry
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Library :: New To The Library? :: The Front Desk-
Jump to: