The Library
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NationStates Region: The Library

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to issues with this forum and dislike of this forum, we've moved! Please join us at:http://library.taijitu.org/! Smile Thanks so much! -The Admin Team

Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Oliver
Admin
Oliver

Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies Empty
PostSubject: Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies   Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:23 pm

[Link to Song]

Artist: Barenaked Ladies
Song: Be My Yoko Ono
Album: Gordon
Why I picked it: The first of my "Occasionally I'm going to play something by a Canadian band you may actually have heard of" series. Back in the 90s, City TV (A Canadian TV station) had these boxes placed around Toronto, where people could hit the button and talk into the box, and City TV would create a little show out of the clips.

Well, as you can see in this video, "Be My Yoko Ono" was the first demo the Barenaked Ladies ever recorded, and they did so at a Speaker's Corner. Bit of Canadian culture history for you there.
Back to top Go down
https://nsthelibrary.canadian-forum.com
Griff

Griff

PostSubject: Re: Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies   Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Very Happy This was the first song I'd ever heard by the Barenaked Ladies.
Back to top Go down
Earth

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies   Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:48 pm

iLike. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies   Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies Empty

Back to top Go down

Be My Yoko Ono - The Barenaked Ladies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Library :: Multimedia and Culture Centre :: The Yorke Music Annex :: Canadian Content Radio-
Jump to: